Almost done with the line work!
leslie knows my ambition in life
"I was on the cover of Time magazine in June, and that same month, four trans women of color were murdered in the United States. So just because I got an Emmy nomination doesn’t mean the lives of trans people aren’t in peril every day.” - Laverne Cox
nobody cares about all the weird creepy shit youre thinking, its gross and nobody wants to see that on their photos. dont be a massive fuckin weirdo
Alright here are pictures of my 90 (soon to be around 150) gallon hermit crab tank. Not finished but the crabs will be going in soon!
I’m gonna post some pictures of my new tank and probably also of the crabs exploring it in like an hour just fyi
HOW TO NOT KILL YOUR HERMIT CRAB
1. The habitat- The entire Kritter Keeper is a horrible. It does not hold the needed 80% humidity (which is needed by the hermit crab to breathe through its modified gills) and 80 F temperature. Gauges are needed to monitor these conditions. Plus, that space is WAY too small. A 10 gallon tank AT LEAST is needed. A crab kept like this will slowly suffocate.
2. Substrate- A minimum of 6 inches of moist, sandcastle-consistency substrate is needed for the hermit crab to dig down to molt. Gravel, colored sand, calci sand, etc are NOT suitable substrate. Unbleached playground sand, ecocearth, or a mixture of both is what is needed. When a crab digs down NEVER dig him up. If a crab cannot properly molt, it will result in death.
3. Water- Where is the water? A hermit crabs needs declorinated fresh and saltwater pools. They do not ‘drink from a sponge’. Salt water needs to be made from marine grade salt such as Instant Ocean.
4. Food- Commercial food pellets are filled with chemicals that are unsafe for crabs. Hermit crabs can eat whole, pesticide-free foods. Unseasoned meats, fresh fruits and veggies, unseasoned cooked eggs, cuttlebone, etc are all examples of foods a hermit crab needs. Plus they like variety- not the same thing everyday.
5.Shells- Painted shells are TOXIC.The paint can chip off and the crab may eat it which can result in fatality. At least 3 natural shells per crab should be offered. Also, knowing which type of shells the species of crab you have helps.
6. Pesticides- NEVER spray any kind of bug spray, air freshener, or chemicals of any kinda near your crabs. If it harms bugs it will also harm your crabs.
7.Friends- Don’t buy for one. Hermit crabs are social creatures. Keeping them in solitude can stress them out.
I hope any followers of mine who are interested in crabs already know this but just in case…